paigeawesome

The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry: A Novel
Rachel Joyce
Sex, Drugs, and Sea Slime: The Oceans' Oddest Creatures and Why They Matter
Ellen J. Prager
The Cuckoo's Calling - Robert Galbraith Sneaky JK Rowling decided to write under a pseudonym, and although I understand her reasons for that and I'm cross with those her outed her for her sake...I am happy for mine. JK Rowling has written eight of my favorite books, so of course new books by her can cut to the front the queue, much like Lula Landry at Uzi.

I always thought Harry Potter was basically a fantastical mystery. Of course I never really figured out the reveals before they happened--partly because I was so young, partly because after the third book, I read them all in single sitting, which doesn't leave too much time to think things over. Also I'm a reader who is usually perfectly content to just go where the author wants to; I don't often try to figure out where things are going. This time, though, wanting the full mystery experience, I did give myself time to think it over and try to crack it and I'm happy to say that one of my guesses turned out to be right.

This was a lot of fun to read and the writing was great. Great!! I loved the characters and the way it unfolded. Really well done. I hear the sequel has been finished and will be published next year. A book a year from JKR doesn't sound bad at all... ;)