paigeawesome

The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry: A Novel
Rachel Joyce
Sex, Drugs, and Sea Slime: The Oceans' Oddest Creatures and Why They Matter
Ellen J. Prager
Emotions Revealed: Recognizing Faces and Feelings to Improve Communication and Emotional Life - Paul Ekman I wasn't a huge fan of this book... I notice a lot of people read it because the author is involved in a TV program. I'm giving it two stars because it did have a smattering of information buried under all his anecdotes and repetitive reminders. I don't disagree with him at all about his main point, which is that facial expressions emotions are universal. The best part of the book was probably the pictures of the different expressions or partial expressions. I highlighted a few things that I thought were worth remembering, but overall I think I would've enjoyed this a lot more if it weren't book length. I would've gotten just as much knowledge and a lot more pleasure out of it if it were only 30 or so pages with the expressions explained in an appendix. As it was, it seemed a lot of it was filler, repeating statements he'd already made, and stories about people he knew. That's probably great for a TV audience but I was hoping just for more information.