paigeawesome

The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry: A Novel
Rachel Joyce
Sex, Drugs, and Sea Slime: The Oceans' Oddest Creatures and Why They Matter
Ellen J. Prager
Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking - Malcolm Gladwell It's really probably somewhere between 2 & 2.5 stars for me but I'm rounding up because I'm nice. (I just checked my average rating the other day and it's was 4.13, which may tell you that I am just a little too easily pleased ;D )

Anyway, this book had interesting ideas but I felt they were somewhat sloppily presented and, at the end, superficial. I mean he'll mention a study that took years and/or was hundreds and hundreds of pages long and he'll use it for, like, a page, or a couple paragraphs. I find it doubtful that he actually read them so I don't know if he should really be using them to make his point. It shows through when he contradicts himself, regularly. I also hated how he kept referring to the title of his book in the text. It's like, okay dude, we get it, you thought your title was really clever...

I was left unimpressed & totally underwhelmed. It just seems like he tried to do too much too fast and result fell flat and pretty much useless. I am going to read some of the books he mentions though, they sound like they could be worthwhile. I liked this review.